Monday 23 March 2009

LOSER



Ushering to thirties was the crossing road of my life.
For once i felt lost, detached from the rest of the world.
I shunned away from family and friends,
shouldering depression alone and eventually had a breakdown.


It took years before i stood my foot on the ground again.
For better or worst, I'm never the same person i used to be.
I acknowledge that the journey has taught me the wrongs that i've done,
the question is if i've learned.


Lately, i went thru the blog entries i had 4 or 5 years ago.
I realised there are remnants of the past which i have yet to dealt with.
I'm basically remain standing on the same ground since the day i crushed.
Yeah, on the bright side, i'm standing.


5 years had passed and i only managed to stand up.
I guess its time that i done with sulking, enough of retrospecting.
I ought to take heed from what i've learned and move on.

I should be running...

5 years down the road, if i'm still whining about my past and present,
then i'm a fucking LOSER!!

5 comments:

Owl Eng said...

i had a depression breakdown before, abt 6 years ago, nearly wanting to end my very own life on my b'day by jumping down from 12th floor (Living in spore has this advantage ;p. high rise bldg for facilitating suicide is available everywhere and anytime).
Though there's no ultimate antidote in the market to help eliminate it at one go, and it is always there awaiting the best time to re-launch its attacks (and most of the times it suceeds), I do believe faith and loving yourself enough will do the wonderful healing!!
you're not alone and you're not a loser, okie? ;) and i have faith in you: you are going to stand up firm with a renewed spirit!!! yeah!!! (i m talking this to myself too...cham... i've become naggier than before)

艾优 said...

Thanks for sharing. We all shouldnt let ourself fall again!
They are ppl ard us who cares, and thats enuf reason not to slip.
No worries, i'm not at the verge of depression...just that i need a kick in my own butt!

Rachel Core said...

每个人都曾当过失败者吧~我也有过一段东歪西倒的日子,只要不自暴自弃,依然有希望。

有些男人认为,男生跌倒和女生跌倒是两回事,女生至少会有人肯扶一把,呵呵~有时候情况未必那么善待女生。

艾优 said...

谢谢你的留言。
我想人生难免有高低,经一事,长一智。
问题在自己。。。没分男女吧!
要赶路回乡了。。。

Anonymous said...

understand totally how u feel.my wife and my 2 kids left me 6 months ago.The feeling of coming back home on that very day and seeing what you have built for the past 8 years just vanished...that feeling will break anybody.i wasnt spared....hence alcohol was my remedy.
Now 6 months have passed .3 weeks in hospital for treatment on alcoholism...m geeting used to the lonliness and boredom..2 houses, a big car but all alone.On anti depressents and Xanax...keeping me well for the past month..truely knows when someones at the lowest ebb in their life..ram